Concrete Styled Wedding Cake

 In September 2020 I was asked to take part in an Urban Styled Shoot at Sun Pier House in Chatham, Kent.

The organiser of the shoot was very specific about the style of cake she wanted for the shoot, a concrete effect three tier cake with orange flowers and six matching mini cakes.

I had never made anything like this before but unusual and colourful is my thing so I was happy to give it ago.

The cake itself and the mini cakes were made using dummy cakes and iced in grey sugar paste and then textured with grey royal icing to give the concrete effect. I made orange sugar anemones on long stems for the flowers.

The mini cakes were made in the same way but with small individual orange flowers on the top of each cake.

Sadly I couldn't attend the shoot as I was in post holiday quarantine, so my daughter kindly delivered the cake for me to the shoot in return for brunch.. By chance my friend owns No64 coffee and brunch in Rochester High Street and this is almost opposite Sun Pier House which worked well for the shoot planner was able to collect the cake.

Although I wasn't there I could see from the pictures that the shoot was amazing and the pictures stunning and I hope to work with any of these talented suppliers again in the future.

Team
Planning, concept + stationery: @chloecreative1
Venue: @sunpierhouse
Photography: Lucie @theunscriptedweddings
Videography: @angieandmattfilms
Videography: Greg @theunscriptedweddings
Florist: @elizarose_artisanflorist
Make-up: @beautifuldarlingmakeup
Hair stylist: @clairehartleystylist
Bridal wear: @withloveandlacebridal
Suit: Model's own
Ceramic vases: @julia_t_smithceramics
Cake: @icedimagescakes
Female model: @ellejowebb
Male model: Michael Wilmot
Street artist: @miqui_1stop

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage style pink and white wedding cake

Purple and lilac heart wedding cake at The Hop Farm Wedding Venue

A very elegant wedding cake at Cooling Castle Barn