Vintage Suitcase Wedding Cake

 Many years ago I made a suitcase wedding cake for my nieces wedding. The picture was on one of my show banners and proved to be very popular at wedding shows.

I'd been meaning to make a dummy version for ages but wanted to find the right cases to make. At a recent wedding show I was stood opposite a travel agent who had a stacked pile of cases as part of their display. This was the perfect inspiration.

Once I had made the cases I added a passport and airline ticket to the cardboard. The cake could be easily be personalised further by adding luggage labels of places you have travelled or your honey moon destination, and may be an old fashioned brown luggage label with the couples name on and wedding date.

The colours and the shapes/ designs can be changed too!

The possibilities are endless.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage style pink and white wedding cake

Purple and lilac heart wedding cake at The Hop Farm Wedding Venue

A very elegant wedding cake at Cooling Castle Barn