Harry Potter Wedding Cake

I LOVE Harry Potter, but sadly the only Harry Potter wedding cake I had been asked to make was a couple of years ago and that was sadly whilst I was away on holiday! Having not been asked since I decided to make my own version for a wedding fair!

I had so many ideas running through my head, so many possible options, but in the end I decided to keep it relatively simple (I mean not blast with lots of different colours) but also incorporating a number of well known sayings / phrases and articles from the books! A pair of glasses and a wand were an absolute must!

In the end after several sketches I came up with the book at the bottom (But which one? - I did the History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot), with the Marauders Map, the classic "Always" love quote and a golden snitch on the top.

In hind sight I thought that actually the footsteps on the top could have formed a heart shape, but I didn't think about this until afterwards.

The final cake proved a hit at the wedding show and will be on show again this January at The Bluewater Wedding Show Bluewater wedding show and The Wedding Experience at Detling, The Wedding Experience. As well as a couple of couples actually ordering their own version of the Harry Potter wedding cake, so watch this space over the next few months.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage style pink and white wedding cake

Purple and lilac heart wedding cake at The Hop Farm Wedding Venue

A very elegant wedding cake at Cooling Castle Barn