Is it really that long since I made that cake?

Is it really that long ago I made that cake?

I recently made a Bob the Builder cake for a little boy who was 2 years old. I hadn't realised that Bob was still popular.

There was much discussion regarding the style of the cake, but eventually the client found a Bob the Builder Cake on my website that was just what she was looking for.

The cake itself was no problem, easily done , but it got me thinking! The cake on the website was for "Harry" age 1. Well, Harry is now 14 so it's 13 years ago that I made that cake. Looking through my pictures there were a number of cakes that I have made where the child is now an adult or about to get married themselves. It made me feel very old but also very proud that the families involved still want me to make their cakes for them many years on, and soon Harry will be 18!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage style pink and white wedding cake

Purple and lilac heart wedding cake at The Hop Farm Wedding Venue

A very elegant wedding cake at Cooling Castle Barn